1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup canola oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 Ener-G egg
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 13 oz. jar Bonne Maman strawberry preserves
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Clear a space in your freezer for the baking pan. Set out a cooling rack.
2. Whisk together the flour and baking soda in a small bowl. In a larger, separate bowl beat together the oil and sugars. Then add to this the "egg," peanut butter, and vanilla. Mix well.
3. Press the mixture into the bottom of a square baking pan, either 8 x 8" or 9 x 9" (ungreased). Over this, spread the preserves in a thin layer. Make sure that the fruit touches the edges of the pan, and is evenly spread.
4. Bake for 20 minutes. Then, remove from the oven and cool on the rack. (If you want, you can eat the dessert now, but it will be very soft and crumbly.)
5. Put the pan in the freezer and leave it there until completely cold, at least 2 hours and ideally overnight.
6. Serve cold from the freezer, with soy ice cream or a big glass of cold soy milk! Yummy.
Source of recipe: I created this recipe from a failed attempt to make peanut butter cookies.