1 cup + 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
1/2 cup natural wheat bran
1/4 cup vegan All-Bran-like cereal
1 teaspoon vinegar
1/3 cup applesauce (or molasses)
1/4 cup marmalade (or other orange preserves)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla [u]Dry Mix[/u]:
1-1/3 cups flour (any combo, I usually use 1 cup rye and 1/3 cup oat)
3/4 cup chopped dates
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, mix together non-dairy milk, natural wheat bran, All-Bran-like cereal, and teaspoon vinegar. Let sit 10 minutes. Mix in remainder of wet ingredients.
3. Mix together dry ingredients, including dates and sunflower seeds.
4. Gently mix wet and dry together just until mixed.
5. Spoon batter into muffin tray. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Please enjoy!
These are super moist and very yummy! If you don't want any sugar in the recipe, cut it out and sub the applesauce for maple syrup or agave nectar - yum!
Source of recipe: I modified a bran recipe from an ancient cookbook to suit my needs.