1 pound fettuccine, linguine, or spaghetti (I use rice pasta)
1 cup unsweetened nondairy milk
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup vegan butter (I use Earth Balance)
1 spring onion, minced
1/4 cup water
1 cup vegan mozzarella cheese, shredded (I used Cheezly, but Follow your Heart would also work great), divided
salt and pepper, to taste
fresh or dry parsley, to garnish
1. Cook the pasta in a large pot of lightly salted water according to package directions. Place nondairy milk in a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat lightly and then add flour.
2. Use a whisk to stir over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the milk thickens and becomes cream-like. Set aside.
3. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan and add the minced onion. Saute until tender. Add the thickened milk and simmer until the mixture thickens a little bit more.
4. Drain the pasta (and rinse if you're using rice pasta). Return the pasta to the pot it was cooked in and add 1/4 cup water. Add the butter-milk mixture and 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese.
5. Stir over medium-high heat until everything is well combined. Serve topped with the rest of the shredded cheese, salt, pepper, and parsley. Enjoy!
Source of recipe: This recipe was modified from http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/fettucine-alfredo-reci...