1 tablespoon canola oil
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 small sweet yellow onion, diced
1 tablespoon red chili flakes (or to taste)
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup toasted pine nuts (unsalted)
1 splash of white wine
1 bunch chard, washed, destemmed and chopped/torn to bite size pieces
1 cup sugar plum tomatoes halved (you can also use cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes)
1 cup chopped basil
1/2 cup chopped italian parsley (curly parsley also works)
2 tablespoon cold pressed olive oil
1 pound bowtie pasta (or any kind of pasta you want) to be cooked in 1 gallon of water
Any kind of vegan parmesan you desire
1. In a saucepan saute the garlic, onion, chili flakes, salt, pepper, and pine nuts in the oil over medium/high heat until the garlic and nuts are browned and the onions are translucent.
2. While you're waiting for your garlic, etc. to cook, start your pasta by boiling the water in a separate pot with a pinch of salt.
3. Deglaze the saucepan using the white wine.
4. Toss the swiss chard in. Lower the heat and cook until it's wilted slightly (about 3-5 minutes).
5. Turn stove off.
6. Your water should be boiling now--put your pasta in, and turn the heat down to medium and let cook until al dente. Drain.
7. Mix the tomatoes, basil and parsley with into the chard.
8. Toss the chard and pasta together
9. Drizzle with olive oil.
10. Top with vegan parmesan if desired.