4 cups fresh cherries
1 cup water
1-1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 cup oats
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup pecans (optional)
1/4 cup margarine
oil (for greasing pan)
1. Wash and pit cherries. Cook with water over medium heat for 10 minutes.
2. Mix sugar and cornstarch and add to cherries. Cook until thickened. Let cool slightly.
3. Crumb Topping: In a medium-sized bowl, mix together oats, flour, pecans and margarine. (I find that this is easiest (and most enjoyable!) to do with your hands.)
4. Lightly grease a 2-quart pan with oil. Add cherries and top with crumb topping.
5. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool for 20 minutes. Serve alone or with some yummy vegan ice cream!
Source of recipe: modified from another recipe