2 bunches Swiss chard or collard greens (about 16 large leaves)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 head garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 pound firm tofu, drained and crumbled
8 ounces vegan cream cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Blanche the leaves in batches until tender, 1-2 minutes for chard and 3-4 minutes for collards. Drain and set aside.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, saute the onion in the olive oil, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and Italian seasoning and cook 2 minutes. Pour 1/2 the mixture into a medium bowl.
3. To the remaining, add the crushed tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Set aside. Crumble the tofu into the bowl with the first 1/2 the onions and garlic. Stir in the cream cheese and salt.
4. To assemble the leaves, place 1 large leaf on the counter, shiny side up. Slice off the bottom-middle tough part of the stem for easier rolling. Spoon 2 heaping tablespoons tofu mixture into the bottom center. Roll from the bottom up, fold over the sides and finish rolling up to the top.
5. Repeat with the remaining leaves. In 2 (8x8”) baking dishes, spoon some of the tomato sauce. Place the rolled leaves in the dishes and top with the remaining sauce. Bake uncovered 60 to 75 minutes or until the leaves are fork tender. Serve.
Source of recipe: This is my own recipe.