2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips, or to taste
3/4 cup vegan yogurt, (I use so delicious coconut vanilla flavor)
1/4 cup "milk" (I use vanilla rice milk)
2 tablespoons vegan margarine, softened (I use Earth Balance)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup granulated sugar (if subbing with agave nectar, use 3/4 cup agave)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease cookie sheets.
2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt; then stir in chocolate chips.
3. In another bowl, mix together vegan yogurt, non-dairy milk, vegan margarine, and vanilla; then mix in sugar until dissolved.
4. Add wet to dry and mix until just combined - without over-mixing! It's okay if there is some dry looking areas. The dough itself should not be too wet or soupy. It should easily form into balls, if it doesn't combine some more flour into dough.
5. Form into preferred-sized cookies on cookie sheet. Bake 7 to 8 minutes. This will make a cookie that is a bit firm on the outside, but still very moist on the inside. If a firmer texture is desired leave in for several more minutes. When removing cookies they will still seem wet, but upon cooling will firm up more. Serve with plenty of rice milk and enjoy!!!!!
Source of recipe: I wrote this recipe.