1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup apple sauce
1/4 cup non-dairy milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 to 1-1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup of chopped walnuts
I hate cutting my intake of cookies when I'm feeling bad because I'm worried about all the fat, that's why these cookies have no oil!!! ...and almost no flour, I love them so much! My family loved them too.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (162 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, mix granulated sugar, white sugar, apple sauce, non-dairy milk, and vanilla.
3. In another bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder and salt, then stir into the wet mixture.
4. Add 1 cup oats. Add up to 1/2 cup more, depending on taste. Then stir in the walnuts.
5. Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Don't let them more minutes in the oven because that will make them tough, and the magic of these cookies is how chewy they are.
Source of recipe: This recipe is from a friend.