3/4 cup semolina flour
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon anise seeds
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup oil
2 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
vegan chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with non-stick baking spray.
2. In a bowl, thoroughly mix together semolina flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, anise seeds, and salt.
3. In another bowl, mix sugar, oil, water, and vanilla thoroughly. Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture till blended.
4. Gently add in the amount of chocolate you prefer.
5. Roll quarter size balls and lay them out on the baking sheet-dough will be a bit sticky, so you may want to oil your hands first. Bake for 10 to 11 minutes. Enjoy with hot tea, coffee, or soy milk!
Source of recipe: I created this cookie, as I wanted a vegan cookie that reminded me of the type of Italian cookie that is so good with hot tea or coffee. This one is perfect and even tastes buttery but without margarine or butter!