3 cups unbleached flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 (3/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
1 1/2 cups warm water
1/4 cup oil or vegan margarine + extra margarine for cooking
1. Mix flour, salt and yeast in a bowl. Let it sit for the yeast to proof. Mix warm water with oil, or cut vegan butter into flour mixture evenly, and then knead water into flour mixture. Add more water if necessary.
2. Knead dough until smooth, and kind of a tacky texture is reached. You do not want the dough to stick to your hand to touch, but it will if you press gently. Place in greased bowl and cover with towel.
3. Leave in warm place for at least 30 minutes to rise. (I usually place bowl over pot of bowl of hot water to speed up rising.) Make pieces of dough a little bigger than a golf ball and roll out on floured surface.
4. Cook each side in a skillet with vegan margarine for about 45 seconds on each side (longer for thicker pieces). Bread should balloon when ready to flip, and be a light golden color.
5. Keep warm in oven until all pieces are done. Store in at room temperature for up to 2 days, 3 counting the day made.
We eat it with everything, sometimes we make the bread and dip and eat.
Source of recipe: Figuring things out.