1/3 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
3 large cloves garlic, peeled
juice of 1/2 lemon
3 cups fresh basil
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1/3 to 1/2 cup olive oil
freshly ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
This is a runnier style pesto, but feel free to adjust consistency to your liking.
1. Toast almond slivers in (toaster) oven for about a minute, until lightly browned.
2. Add garlic and almonds to food processor and process until finely chopped.
3. Add lemon juice and sesame seeds. Process until minced, scraping down the sides.
4. Add basil, and process to chop.
5. Add olive oil, salt, and pepper, and process until consistency is slightly runnier than a paste.
6. Adjust for seasoning.
Spread on bread, eat with pasta, or roasted veggies.
Source of recipe: I came up with this recipe.