1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated white sugar
3 tablespoons water, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all purpose flour, sifted
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. (This is important because the cookies will come out all gooey, and stick, otherwise.) In a bowl, mix oil, brown sugar, and white sugar until well blended.
2. Beat in water and vanilla. In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Combine the wet with the dry. Add the chocolate chips.
3. Take a tablespoon and measure out the cookies to drop the cookie dough onto the parchment paper/baking sheet combo. Leave about 2" between each cookie dough drop.
4. Depending on your oven (mine is a little shoddy), it will take 14 to 20 minutes to bake your chewy heaven circles. you can tell when they're ready when the outside of the cookie is brown, but the inside is still pale. If you're making 2 pans at a time, then switch them halfway through the cooking process.
5. When they're done, give them a minute or two to cool on the baking sheet before you transfer them to a cooling rack.
Source of recipe: Modified to make vegan and extra delicious from http://tiny.cc/yrt33