2 slices sourdough bread
1/4 cup prepared tomato sauce
2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella style "cheese" (I love Daiya)
1 vegan "chicken" patty (like Gardein scallopini)
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning (rosemary, thyme, basil mix)
1) Slice the zucchini and "chicken" in half and then lengthwise 2 to 4 times so the pieces are uniform in size. They should be matchstick shape, only bigger.
2) Swirl a little oil into a frying pan or wok over medium-high heat. Toss the zucchini and vegan chicken in, give it a stir to coat.
3) While the pan is heating get out the bread and place on a baking pan, set aside. Put the oven rack at the highest rung and turn your broiler on.
4) Continue to stir the zucchini and vegan chicken strips for about five minutes, until they are just about browned or browned, depending on how crispy you like them. They'll continue to cook a teeny bit in the broiler!
5) Remove the pan from heat and stir in the tomato sauce and herbs. Pour the mixture on both slices of bread, top with vegan mozzarella and put in the oven for two minutes. The "cheese" should be nice and bubbly, the bread should be a little more like toast.
Hope you enjoy it!
Source of recipe: I wanted zucchini and tomato and sandwich. Voila.