vegan butter (or something to grease with) 2 cups red cherry tomatoes, halved
2 cups yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup capers
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus extra for seasoning
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus extra for seasoning
1/2 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
1 pound ziti or penne pasta
1-1/4 cups vegan cheese
1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Use vegan butter to grease an 8" by 8" glass baking dish. In it, place red cherry tomatoes, yellow cherry tomatoes, capers, olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Toss to make sure everything is coated evenly.
3. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the tomato mixture. Drizzle the top with olive oil and bake for 30 to 35 minutes until the top is golden. Cool for 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile...Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm.
5. Place the pasta in a large serving bowl. Spoon the tomato mixture onto the pasta. Add the vegan cheese and toss well. Season with salt, pepper, and chopped parsley to taste. Serve immediately.
Source of recipe: Modified version of a free recipe from food network. Recipe by Giada.