3/4 cup nondairy milk
1/4 cup vegan butter (I use Earth Balance), softened
2 3/4 cups flour, divided
1 (1/4 ounce) pack instant yeast
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup vegan butter (I use Earth Balance), softened
1. Grease a 9x13" pan. In a saucepan, heat the milk and 1/4 cup vegan butter until boiling. Remove from heat and cool until only warm. In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 1/4 cup flour, yeast and white sugar. (whisk to get all the lumps out).
2. Add milk/vegan butter mixture to the dry mixture and whisk just until it forms a rough dough that pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Dump dough onto a floured board (or clean counter) and knead in the remaining half cup flour. Knead the dough for 5-7 minutes (pressing up with palms and folding again and again) until the dough is perfectly smooth.
3. Put the dough in a slightly oiled bowl, cover it with a clean, slightly damp towel and let it rise for 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle the counter with flour and using a rolling pin, roll dough out to a 9X12" rectangle.
4. Combine 1/2 cup softened margarine, brown sugar, and cinnamon and spread over the entire top surface of the rectangle. Start with the long part of the rectangle and roll it up the short side. Using a serrated knife, cut each cinnamon roll about 1" thick.
5. Place cinnamon rolls in prepared pan, cover with a damp towel and let rise for 10-15 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. After your cinnamon rolls have risen, bake 15-20 minutes, depending how gooey you like them.
Spread on some vegan icing and you'll be in heaven.
Source of recipe: This was my standby omni recipe and I've converted it! Hope you love em!