1 cup bread crumbs
1 cup cooked drained lentils
1/3 cup extra-firm tofu or Lunabell's Rice-Fu
1/4 cup + 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce, divided
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon vegan chicken bouillon
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon powdered ginger
1 teaspoon parsley flakes
1 tablespoon + 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
1 (15-ounce) can mushrooms, chopped
1 small green bell pepper, diced
1 small red bell pepper, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup vegan gravy (e.g., Lunabell's Teriyaki Chicken Gravy)
1. In a bowl, mix together bread crumbs, lentils, tofu, 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce, vinegar, bouillon, chili power, ginger, and parsley.
2. Heat 1/4 cup tariyaki sauce and 1 tablespoon oil. Add mushrooms, green bell pepper, and red bell pepper; cook until soft. Add garlic and saute until lightly brown.
3. Add pan mixture to bowl mixture; mix completely.
4. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and grease with 1 tablespoon oil. Make a square loaf out of the mixture that stands about 2 inches high.
5. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and cover with gravy. Return to the oven uncovered for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Source of recipe: A modification of my lentil loaf :)