1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup chopped carrots
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups coarsely chopped green cabbage
3-1/2 cups coarsely chopped unpeeled new red potatoes (3 to 4 medium)
1 teaspoon dried rosemary, or more to taste
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
4 cups vegetable broth
1 (15-ounce) can Northern beans rinsed and drained
1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes, garlic or other Italian-infused preferred
vegan parmesan cheese, to taste (optional)
1. Heat olive oil in large saucepan over high heat. Add onions and carrots; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
2. Add garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute.
3. Add cabbage, potatoes, rosemary, salt and pepper to pan; cook 1 minute.
4. Stir in broth, beans and tomatoes; bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. To serve, sprinkle with vegan Parmesan cheese.
I have made this recipe with some variations, all wonderful. The choice of canned tomatoes seems to make a difference in this soup- I always get an organic Italian infused can of tomatoes that has extra garlic and other herbs. Extra credit: Top this soup off with homemade or store bought rosemary or garlic bread to dip in the broth- yummy!
Source of recipe: This recipe came from a friend of a friend that is a "foodie" and plays chef in the kitchen all the time.