4 cups raw beetroot cut into chunks (when roasted makes about 3 cups)
2 tablespoons cup cold pressed extra virgin olive oil or more for desired consistency
1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt, or more to taste
5 teaspoons finely chopped serrano chili, divided (might need less depending on the chilli)
4 teaspoons finely chopped fresh garlic, divided
just over 3/4 teaspoon roasted coriander seeds
just over 3/4 teaspoon roasted cumin seeds
1/3 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F / 200 degrees C.
2. In a bowl, toss beets in a little bit of cold pressed olive oil and a pinch of Celtic sea salt; bake for about 1 hour, or until tender. Check them periodically to make sure they don't burn.
2. Throw the beets into the food processor with 2-1/2 teaspoons serrano chili, 2 teaspoons garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, coriander, and cumin. Drizzle in 1 tablespoon olive oil and pulse until well combined.
3. Add in the rest of the olive oil gradually to reach your desired consistency. Now taste and adjust the quantities of chilli, garlic and salt. This will depend on the heat of your chilli.
4. Stir through chopped cilantro and serve with pita breads, ciabatta or chips. YUM!
Source of recipe: I wrote this recipe.^