1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
1/2 yellow onion
3 garlic cloves, diced
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 large zucchini, diced
3 tablespoons water
1 (3-ounce) can fire-roasted diced jalapenos
6 corn tortillas
1 (10-ounce) can red enchilada sauce
1-1/2 shredded vegan mozzarella cheese
1 (6-ounce) can black olives
3 stalks green onion, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Oil casserole dish.
2. In a pan, heat olive oil. Add onions and garlic; saute until fragrant. Stir in oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir in zucchini and water; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Pour in jalapenos; cook for a few more minutes. When zucchini is softening but still firm, scoop mixture into a bowl and cover to keep warm.
3. Lightly rinse your pan. Add and heat 1/3 cup olive oil over medium heat. Once oil is hot, cook each tortilla until firm, but take out of oil way before tortilla gets crispy. Pat off oil.
4. Dip each tortilla in the enchilada sauce so it has been covered but let excess drip off. Spoon in cooked veggies and large sprinkle of "cheese" and roll up so seam is on the bottom. Place in casserole dish. Repeat for all tortillas. Spread remaining sauce over the top. Distribute olives and green onions on top with more sprinkled "cheese".
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until the tortillas are crispy as desired.
Source of recipe: I made it up with help from Mom on the phone.