[u]Smoked Tempeh Bits[/u]:
2 tablespoons safflower oil
1 tablespoon tamari
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon each: cayenne, paprika, cumin, basil, liquid smoke, sea salt, black pepper
1 cup crumbled tempeh [u]Carrot Pesto[/u]:
1 large carrot
1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped onion
1/2 clove garlic
sea salt, to taste
pepper, to taste [u]Hummus "Cheese"[/u]:
1/2 cup hummus
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
2 tablespoons olive oil or oil of choice
1/2 teaspoon sea salt pizza crust
1. Smoked Tempeh Bits: In a measuring cup, combine the safflower oil, tamari, apple cider vinegar, basil, black pepper, cayenne, cumin, liquid smoke, paprika, and sea salt. Pour crumbled tempeh. Let marinate while preparing pesto.
2. Pesto: Combine all pesto ingredients in a food processor for about 30 seconds or until it is a "pesto consistency" (mostly smooth). Set aside.
3. Hummus "Cheese": Combine ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
4. Spread carrot pesto onto pizza crust. Sprinkle on tempeh bits and sliced red onion (or other desired toppings) in an even layer. Pipe on "cheese" by putting sauce in a ziploc bag and cutting off one of the corners.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes, if using our GF crust recipe (below). If you are using your own crust recipe, use own discretion with baking time, since the GF crust needs to be pre-baked you may need to increase your baking time as well as temperature. Pizza should be done when the tempeh bits are toasty.
Our Brown Rice GF pizza crust:If using this crust recipe, bake pizza dough at 325 degrees F for 20 minutes before putting on toppings, then add toppings and continue baking at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes.
For more recipes like this check out: http://www.sketch-freeveganeating.blogspot.com 
Source of recipe: Pizza is one of our greatest loves, but it's harder than you think to make a gluten-free pizza crust without using chemicals. We decided to try to make a crust out of our Brown Rice Flax Tortillas and it worked perfectly! We topped our pizza with smoked tempeh crumbles which we were inspired to make after having tempeh bacon at Fresh Restaurant in Toronto. It is a couple minutes away from a musical theatre workshop we are currently taking downtown so we will definitely be going back. Here is how we made the pizza!