1 1/2 cups dates
1 1/2 cups raw walnuts
1 tablespoon raw coconut butter/oil, optional
1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
5 tablespoons raw agave, divided
2 ripe avocados
4 tablespoons raw cacao powder
fresh strawberries, halved, to garnish
1. Start by placing the nuts and dates in a food processor on high. Blend until coarsely ground. You want the mixture to form a "dough". Squeeze a bit of dough between your fingers. If it sticks together easily, it's ready. If it isn't quite sticking together, you can add a tablespoon of raw coconut butter/oil, or you can add a few more dates.
2. Pulse until the mixtures holds together easily. This will vary depending on what kind of dates and nuts you are using. To prep your muffin tin, drape a sheet of plastic wrap over top. This makes the tarts super easy to get out of the tin and still hold their shape.
3. Divide the mixture equally between 6-7 muffin holes on top of the plastic wrap. this is where your hands get a bit dirty, so roll up your sleeves! Using your fingers, press the mixture into the tin so it forms a crust. You want it to go all the way to the top of the muffin hole. Basically, just make it look like a tart.
4. Once you've finished that, throw the strawberries and 2 tablespoons agave into the food processor. Pulse until it is smooth. Put a spoonful of this into each tart shell.
5. For the chocolate, combine the avocados, cacao powder and remaining agave. Add more agave, as desired. Process until smooth. Put a spoonful of the chocolate mixture on top of the strawberries in each tart shell. If you are using fresh strawberries, garnish each tart with half a strawberry.
I hope you all enjoy! Let me know what you think.
Source of recipe: These are my very own, very yummy 100% raw tarts. No guilt dessert. http://hungryherbivoreblog.blogspot.com