1/3 cup raw almonds, slivered
3 cups plain nondairy milk, divided
3-1/2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup roasted unsweetened carob powder
2 teaspoons almond extract
1/4 teaspoon unprocessed sea salt
1. Heat a small pan over low heat and add the almond slivers. Stir frequently and dry-roast them until fragrant. Set aside to cool, and then finely chop them.
2. In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup nondairy milk and arrowroot powder; stir until powder is dissolved. Set aside.
3. In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together 2-1/2 cups milk, maple syrup, carob powder, almond extract, and salt; bring to a boil.
4. Add the arrowroot solution into the pan while stirring. Bring pudding to a boiling simmer and cook no longer than 1 minute.
5. Stir in the chopped almonds and distribute evenly, then pour pudding into dessert dishes. Chill it for a few hours before serving.
Source of recipe: 1. I played around with this recipe until I liked it