2 cups flour (I used whole wheat, though unbleached all-purpose flour makes them fluffier)
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 (3.4-ounce) package vanilla vegan pudding mix (I use Jello-O)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (20-ounce) can unsweetened pineapple tidbits, liquid included
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons vinegar (preferably apple cider)
1. In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, coconut, pudding mix, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. In another bowl, mix the pineapple tidbits, applesauce, oil, and vanilla extract.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and then add the vinegar. Spoon the batter into paper muffin cups.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one comes out clean.
5. Let cool for 15 minutes and serve warm! They taste really good with guava paste on them.
Source of recipe: I played around with my baking ingredients, and came up with this!