1 (12 ounce) package vegan ground beef
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons minced garlic
sea salt and pepper, to taste
1-2 teaspoons taco seasoning
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes + more for sprinkling
1/2 cup vegan cream cheese
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
2/3 (15 ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes with garlic
2 (10 ounce) cans red enchilada sauce, divided
16 medium flour tortillas
3/4 cup green enchilada sauce
1 cup vegan sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook ground beef and minced garlic in olive oil and season with pepper, salt, and taco seasoning. Add onion and cook until it starts to get soft.
2. Reduce to low setting and add nutritional yeast, cream cheese, green chilies and the fire roasted tomatoes. Mix all together and cook for another 10 minutes. Spread 1/2 can red enchilada sauce onto the bottom of 11x15" baking dish. Prepare tortillas in microwave for 1 minute or so until they are slightly warm.
3. Start filling tortillas with the vegan ground beef mixture with a couple heaping spoonfuls per tortilla. Roll and place each enchilada seam side down in the prepared baking dish. Reserve 2 heaping spoonfuls filling. Finish filling all 16 tortillas.
4. Pour remaining red enchilada sauce over each enchilada making sure each one gets it spread over top, you may have to use a spoon to achieve this. In a separate bowl, mix together the green enchilada sauce, sour cream and the reserved 2 spoonfuls of the enchilada mixture. Season, to taste.
5. Pour mixture over top of enchiladas using spoon to spread evenly. Sprinkle more nutritional yeast flakes and more pepper atop all enchiladas before baking. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until bubbling and showing signs it is done! Enjoy!
This is my first posting. Please go easy on me if you have any criticisms.
Source of recipe: I totally created this recipe one day! I love enchiladas and decided to experiment with ingredients to create a super fast, easy, moist and creamy vegan enchilada dish.