4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 vegan chicken scallopini patties (I use Gardein)
4 Ener-G egg replacers, prepared
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
3 tablespoons vegan parmesan, divided
1/2 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon rosemary
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
6 (1/4") slices vegan mozzarella
4 slices Italian bread, toasted
1. Place 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium skillet. Turn on medium heat. Whisk egg replacer until lumps are gone. In another bowl, put the Italian bread crumbs and 2 tablespoons vegan parmesan. Mix well.
2. Dip the chick'n patties in the egg replacer making sure it is thoroughly covered. Dip into the Italian bread crumbs and cover completely. Repeat this process one more time. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
3. Place the breaded chick'n in the hot skillet and fry both sides until golden. While the chick'n is frying, combine the crushed tomatoes, oregano, rosemary, basil, thyme, black pepper, sea salt, remaining vegan parmesan and garlic slices. Mix well.
4. At the bottom of a small Pyrex glass pan (3 quart), add the remaining olive oil. Spread about 3 tablespoons tomato sauce mixture over the top of the olive oil.
5. Place the chick'n patties in the pan, top with the remaining tomato sauce. Finally, place the vegan mozzarella on the very top of the pan. Bake for 20 minutes. When done baking, serve as a sandwich with the Italian bread.
Source of recipe: I wrote the recipe. For more information, please see my blog here: http://veganmiss.blogspot.com/2011/04/chickn-parmesan-sandwich.html