1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 cup warm water
1 (1/4 ounce) package yeast
1 tablespoon ground golden flax seed
3 tablespoons warm water
1 1/2 cups brown rice flour
1 cup sorghum flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
2 teaspoons xanthan gum
1 teaspoon salt
1/2-1 cup lukewarm water
olive oil, as needed for bowl
1. Dissolve sugar in 1/2 cup warm water. Add yeast. Let sit while you prepare the rest of the ingredients. In a small bowl, mix the flax seed with 3 tablespoons warm water, stir well.
2. In a Kitchenaid mixer or bowl, mix all the flours. Add the xanthan gum and salt. Add in the flax mixture. Slowly add 1/2 to 1 cup water, until it comes together like dough.
3. If using mixer, mix for about 2 minutes on medium, or knead well with hands for a few minutes. Coat large bowl with olive oil. Place dough ball in bowl, and turn dough upside down so all dough is oiled.
4. Cover will towel, and let rest 2-3 hours, or until it has increased in size. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Roll out dough onto pizza stone, or whatever you use to make pizza.
5. Precook pizza dough for about 15 minutes before adding toppings, add toppings, then allow to bake again until done, about 15 more minutes.
Source of recipe: This recipe was inspired from a pita bread recipe from the magazine "Living Without."