1/2 cup vegan margarine, softened (I use Earth Balance Buttery Spread)
1/2 cup shortening, softened (I use one stick of Earth Balance Shortening)
3/4 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla
2 egg equivalents, prepared (I use 1 tablespoon Ener-G Egg Replacer + 1/4 cup water)
2 cups flour (add another 1/4 cup for a more cake-like cookie)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (12-ounce) bag vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips (or 1-1/2 to 2 cups)
Pre-Heat the oven at 350
1. In a large bowl, combine margarine, shortening, brown sugar, white sugar, and vanilla; cream with a hand mixer. Blend in egg equivalent
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; stir to thoroughly mix.
3. Add to the dry ingredients to the large bowl and stir until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
4. Form into 1-1/2" diameter balls and place on a baking sheet. Press each ball to slightly flatten.
5. Cook at 350 degrees for 10 minutes - it may take as little as 8 minutes or as much as 12 minutes. (If you have an older oven like we do, buy an oven thermometer. You won't regret it! Actually I should say, you won't scream obscenities every time something doesn't come out perfect.)
Source of recipe: This is my original recipe!