1 tablespoon vegan margarine
2 teaspoons cumin seeds
1 teaspoon paprika
1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1/2 inch piece ginger or 1/2 tablespoon grated ginger
1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 medium carrots, sliced into coins
4 button mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup frozen green beans or peas
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garam masala
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1. In a medium pot over low-medium heat, melt margarine. Stir in the cumin seeds and paprika.
2. To a blender, add the diced tomatoes and ginger; blend until smooth.
3. Add the tomato-ginger mixture to the pot and cook uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in the chickpeas, carrots, mushrooms, green beans, coconut milk, and salt; cover and cook on low heat for 15 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
5. Stir in the garam masala. Turn off heat. Allow mixture to sit for 10 minutes. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve over basmati rice.
Source of recipe: This is a recipe I veganized and altered from the Tikka Masala recipe found in Easy Indian Cooking