olive oil, as needed
8 ounces cherry tomatoes
8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
1 cup shallots, sliced
1/2 cup sherry or sweet wine
5 cloves garlic, minced
1/2-1 cup nondairy milk (depending on how thick you like your sauce)
1 (14 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Throw tomatoes with a drizzle olive oil in an oven proof dish. Bake 15 minutes, or until the skins start peeling. Start pasta water when you start the bean sauce.
2. Pour spaghetti into pot of boiling water without breaking. You need the length. Cook according to package directions, and drain when al dente to your liking.
3. Sauté shallots in olive oil on medium heat until caramelized (about 10 minutes.) Pour in sherry and stir to deglaze. Allow mixture to reduce, then add garlic.
4. Simmer a few minutes longer then add milk, beans, and seasonings; stir well. Warm mixture, then purée with an immersion blender, and simmer for at least 5 minutes more.
5. Pour bean sauce over drained pasta and stir to coat. Twist groups of pasta and shape into nest rings. Place tomatoes in nest and garnish with herb branches.
Nice to look at. Nice to eat.
Source of recipe: I wrote this.