2 1/4 pounds yellow summer squash
1 pound asparagus
1 ½ cups grated vegan cheese (I use Daiya mozzarella)
1 tablespoon nondairy butter
1 small onion, finely diced
1 – 8 ounce package seitan, chopped
1/3 cup vegan sour cream
2 tablespoons vegan parmesan
1 tablespoon dry white wine
1 teaspoon ground coriander
Salt and white pepper, to taste
½ cup panko
10 to 12 kale leaves, cut in half
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a 10” casserole dish.
2) Slice squash into disks and quarter the asparagus. Steam for about 10 minutes or until tender. Place in a medium bowl and top with vegan cheese.
3) Heat vegan butter in a small skillet and cook onion until softened. Add to squash bowl. Then cook the seitan in the same skillet with a bit of olive oil until browned. Add to squash bowl.
4) Add vegan sour cream, vegan Parmesan, white wine, ground coriander, salt, and white pepper to the bowl. Stir to combine and spread into the prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle panko over the top.
5) Bake until bubbling and golden, about 35 minutes. Meanwhile, steam the kale until it just begins to wilt. Let casserole sit for 5 minutes before serving. Serve over a few leaves of steamed kale.
I adapted this recipe from one from Joy of Cooking. It was really yummy with Italian flavored seitan.