1/4 cup white flour
1/2 cup rye flour
2 tablespoons corn flour
2 tablespoons oat bran
2 tablespoons soy flour
2 tablspoons wheat bran
1 tablespoon ground flax seed
1 tablespoon craked rye
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup mashed banana
1/4 cup nondairy milk
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1. In a bowl, combine dry ingredients (white flour, rye flour, corn flour, oat flour, soy flour, wheat bran, ground flax seed, cracked rye, baking powder, and salt); mix thoroughly. Set aside 1/2 cup flour mixture.
2. In another bowl, combine banana, milk, and lemon juice; mix thoroughly.
3. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet mix; mix thoroughly.
4. Flour kneading surface with reserved 1/2 cup flour mixture. Transfer dough to surface and knead, adding flour as required to form a workable dough - a liitle on the dryer side is best, but not so it will fall apart.
5. With a rolling pin, roll to a thickness between 1/8-inch and 1/4-inch, adding more flour when rolling, if needed.
6. Use cookie cutter to cut shapes, or cut up into 2-inch to 3-inch squares.
7. In a skillet, preheated to 325- to 350- degrees F, cook cookies. Flip frequently to avoid burning. It should take 2 to 3 minutes in total to cook each cookie.
Note: I realize there seems to be a lot of small amounts of various ingredients but I found that this is just the right amount. We reduced the sugar to eat with jam. If eating straight, you may want to add additional sugar.