1. Preheat the over to 375 degrees F and grease a cookie sheet.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients except for the raisins and dates and mix well
3. Spread the mixture evenly on the cookie sheet and bake for about 15 minutes.
4. Stir the mixture and bake for another 15 minutes or until the top of the mixture is lightly browned. If you used fresh carrots, you may need to bake longer as there is more moisture to cook out.
5. Remove from the oven and stir in the dates and raisins and set aside to cool completely and store in an airtight container.
6. Serve with your favorite dairy or non-dairy milk or sprinkle over yogurt or ice cream.
This recipe will fill your home with the comforting aromas of cinnamon, maple and vanilla. It smells just like carrot cake, but it's much healthier and kinder to the waistline.