Almost-Raw/100% Gluten Free Wraps with Sesame Hoisin Sauce
1 bunch lacinato kale
6 white button mushrooms, diced
1 zucchini, peeled and shredded
2 carrots, peeled and shredded
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds Dressing:
1/3 cup hoisin sauce
1 teaspoon sriracha chili sauce
1 tablespoon brown rice vinegar
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1. Choose large kale leaves and trim down the stems by carefully shaving them down with your knife. Divide the veggies among 5 or 6 leaves (basically until you run out of veggies).
2. Keeping the filling in the middle of the kale leaf, start folding the smaller end over the filling. Using your fingertips, carefully (don’t rip the kale!) push the end of the leaf under the filling, tightening the roll.
3. After you’ve gotten it tight, fold the right side of the leaf into the filling, making a closed side of the wrap. It should sort of resemble a spring roll at this point.
4. Keeping your hands tight around the roll, finish by rolling the rest of the leaf around the filling. Place with the edge of the leaf side down on a plate.
5. To make the dipping sauce, just mix all ingredients in a bowl. Spoon the dipping sauce onto the open veggie end and eat!
Source of recipe: I wrote this recipe.