Aly's Peanut Butter Cookies
1 medium or large banana
1/2 cup vegan margarine
1/2 cup natural or organic (only) peanut butter
1 cup Sucanat or brown sugar
1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 cups oats
1/4 cup chocolate chips, optional
1/4 cup raisins, optional
1/4 cup chopped peanuts, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl, mash banana with a fork until fairly smooth. Beating it with a whisk after you are done mashing helps it smoothen nicely.
2. Add the vegan margarine and peanut butter to mashed banana, mashing the margarine with a fork. Add sugar and extract and whisk until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Add to wet ingredients, then mix in oats. Add chocolate chips, raisins and/or chopped peanuts, if desired.
4. Take a spoonful of the mixture and roll it into a ball, slightly flatten and place on cookie sheet.
5. Once all cookies are on the sheet, bake for 10 to 20 minutes (depending on your oven), or until the tops are slightly firm to the touch. Take out of oven, let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!
When following these instructions, these are probably as healthy as yummy peanut butter cookies get!
Source of recipe: I used to just bake things from boxes, but recently I occupied myself by baking from scratch! I tried a peanut butter cookie recipe and hated it, so instead, using only the same amount of baking powder, I experimented with making my own peanut butter cookies. My family and friends all love these!