14 ounces extra firm tofu, 1/4-inch thick slices
1 cup water
1/4 cup tamari or soy sauce
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1/2 cup carrot, chopped
1/4 cup yellow onion, chopped
1 (14-ounce) can condensed vegan cream of mushroom soup (e.g., Amy's Organic)
1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, chopped
1 cup cooked long grain brown rice
2/3 cup nondairy milk
1/2 teaspoon sodium-free seasoning blend (I use Mrs. Dash original blend)
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
1/4 cup vegan bread crumbs
1. Tofu: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place tofu in a deep dish so that tofu lays out flat. In a bowl, combine tamari and water, pour over the tofu; let sit for 10 minutes to marinate. Lay out tofu slices on greased baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes. When cooled, dice tofu. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet or medium pot, heat canola oil. Add green pepper, carrot, and onion; saute until carrot is tender, then remove from heat.
3. Stir in baked tofu, soup, artichoke hearts, rice, nondairy milk, and seasoning blend. Add salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a 2-quart rectangular baking dish.
4. Cover casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle on bread crumbs, and then bake for another 20 minutes, or until bubbly.
5. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Source of recipe: I found a recipe from one of the magazines I have, which called for turkey and cream of chicken soup. I changed a few things, veganized it, and came up with this! Any improvements, please share!!!