Avocado Chocolate Truffles
1/2 cup vegan margarine (I use Earth Balance)
1 very large (or 2 medium) very ripe avocados
2 cups powdered (confectioners) sugar
1-1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa (or carob) powder
1-1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
powdered sugar for rolling
1. In a medium-sized saucepan, melt margarine, remove from heat, set aside.
2. Using a food processor or food blender, puree the avocado until a smooth consistency. You do not want any chunks of avocado.
3. Transfer the avocado puree the saucepan with the melted butter and mix in powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract until well combined. Place the chocolate mixture into the refrigerator until it hardens.
4. When chocolate mixture has hardened, remove from refrigerator. Line a sheet pan or cookie sheet with waxed paper or parchment. Roll the chocolate into small balls about 3/4-inch diameter and arrange them on the sheet pan. If the mixture gets too soft to mold easily, put it back in the freezer for a few minutes. Place the cookie sheet of chocolate balls in the refrigerator until firm.
5. Once the truffles have hardened, remove from the refrigerator and shape into balls by rolling between the palms of your hands. Roll in powdered sugar to coat the outside. Place the finished truffles in the refrigerator until they are set. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Bring to room temperature when ready to serve.
Source of recipe: This recipe was from a friend, and I veganized it :-)