Bad Girl Being Good, Banana Bread
1/3 cup uncooked quick oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup unbleached white flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 - 3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tablespoon of vinegar (I used Cider)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 bananas, mashed
1/4 - 1/2 cup of almond milk* (I suppose you could use any sort of vegan milk here - or even water)
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used grain sweetened)
1/4- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Pre-Heat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Lightly grease an 8 or 9 inch baking pan (I used a Bundt Pan).
- Mix Dry Ingredients in a large bowl
- Mix wet ingredients in an small bowl * Add Milk or Water as needed later on when incorporating into dry*
- Combine wet with dry in the large mixing bowl. The mixture should be pretty thick, chunky & luxurious!
- Spread mixture into the baking dish
- Bake for 35- 40 minutes
- Let it cool... but to be honest I snuck a piece while it was still warm & it was gorgeous =)
This recipe comes from me not finding what I wanted (that's what being a girl is all about- right?!). I wanted healthy, no wait! I want chocolate?! So yeah-here's my result. Enjoy! XXM