Baked Veggie Ziti
4 tablespoons olive oil (I use extra virgin, cold pressed)
2 (12-ounce) packages penne pasta, cooked (I use Field Day Organic Brown Rice Penne)
2 medium yellow squash, chopped
2 medium zucchini, chopped
1/4 onion, chopped
1 to 2 jalapeno pepper, to taste, minced (depending on how much veggies added)
4 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
1 (26-ounce) vegan pasta sauce (I use Field Day Organic Roasted Garlic)
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
1 (8-ounce) package vegan mozzarella cheese (I use Daiya mozzarella-style shreds)
1. Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil into a 13" x 9" glass baking dish and then add cooked pasta.
2. In a pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add squash, zucchini, onion, jalapeno pepper, and garlic; saute.
3. To the baking dish, add the sauteed veggies, pasta sauce, salt, and pepper. Take a spoon and gently toss with pasta, leaving most of the sauce on top.
4. Sprinkle all of the cheese over the sauce.
5. Cover and bake in a 450 degree F oven for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake another 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool & then enjoy!!!
*Keep in mind, you can add any type of veggies you'd like!*