Banana-Nut Oatmeal Cookies
1/4 cup soy milk
1/4 cup safflower oil (or any light, mild oil)
1/4 cup brown rice syrup
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 cup rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
These cookies are both healthy and amazingly delicious. With crispy edges and soft, chewy centers, they are best eaten while still warm. This recipe makes about 12-15 cookies but can easily be doubled.
1) Preheat oven to 350¢ªF. Coat cookie sheet with nonstick spray or oil lightly.
2) Stir the first four ingredients together until well blended, and then mix in the oats.
3) Sift the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon over the wet mixture, add the walnuts, and stir until well mixed.
4) Peel the banana, and cut into quarters lengthwise, then slice the strips into small cubes, and gently fold into the batter.
5) Drop large tablespoons of the batter onto the cookie sheet, and bake for about 25 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown at the edges.