Blueberry Coconut Pancakes
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon raw sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut milk
1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
2 teaspoons coconut oil
1. by preparing your flax egg by whisking the ground flax and water in a small bowl. Place in the refrigerator until you need it.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, shredded coconut, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, flax egg, and vanilla.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring just until combined, without over mixing. Gently fold in the blueberries.
5. Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat and grease with 1 teaspoon coconut oil. Ladle approx. 1/4 cup of the batter onto the pan. Depending on the size of your pan, you can do 2 or 3 pancakes at a time.
6. Flip the pancakes after 2-3 minutes or when the edges of the pancakes are holding together well and you see bubbles forming on the surface. Cook for another 1-2 minutes on second side. Repeat with the remaining batter, oiling the pan for each batch.
7. Remove from heat, and serve with fresh berries and pure maple syrup.