Buffalo Tofu Bites
1 (15-ounce) block firm tofu
1/2 cup spelt flour
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup Earth Balance butter, melted
1/4 cup hot sauce
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
pinch black pepper
1. Press tofu between 2 plates with a weight on the upper plate for at least 30 minutes to remove excess water. Cut the tofu in triangles; to do this first slice the tofu in half so that there are now 2 slabs of tofu, then cut each slab into thirds on the short side, then cut in half on the long side. Now you should have 12 small squares of tofu, slice each one of those on an angle to get triangles.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the spelt flour, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and salt.
3. Place the tofu triangles in the flour mixture and toss it around making sure to get each piece covered. Cover dish or bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. In a large bowl whisk together the melted butter, hot sauce, garlic powder, and black pepper. Dip each piece of tofu in the mixture and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
5. Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes, turning halfway through. If you want them crispier just bake them a little longer.
Source of recipe: I wrote this recipe