Butternut Squash, Sweet Potato and Rosemary Soup
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
1 medium butternut squash, peeled and chopped
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
4 cups vegetable stock (or 1 32-ounce box Imagine Vegetable Broth)
1 teaspoon dried rosemary =or= 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
1/4 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
1/4 teaspoon chilli powder, or to taste (optional)
1. In a medium pan, heat olive oil. Add onions and garlic and cook until browned.
2. Stir in butternut squash and sweet potato, then the vegetable stock.
3. Stir in rosemary, black pepper and chilli powder.
4. Bring to the boil and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, or until squash and sweet potato are soft.
5. Allow to cool, then blend until smooth. Warm through before serving
I usually make a big batch of this soup and freeze it in serving portions for a great, hassle-free lunch!
Source of recipe: I wrote the recipe- I was using up leftover vegetables and experimenting, and this is the result!