Cakey soft-agave sweetened chocolate chip cookies
2 tablespoons fresh ground flax seed
3 tablespoons nondairy milk Dry Ingredients:
1 cup + 2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt Wet Ingredients:
1/4 cup vegan butter (I use Earth Balance)
1/4 cup applesauce
1/4 cup + 1/8 cup agave nectar
1 teaspoon molasses
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup-1 cup chocolate chips (I use grain sweetened)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet. Mix together egg replacer in a small cup or bowl. In a medium-large bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
2. In a small-medium bowl, mix together the wet ingredients with a fork or mixer. There will be lumps of vegan butter in your wet mix, and that's good.
3. Add the egg replacer to the wet ingredients; mix. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
4. Add the chocolate chips to your mix and fold them in. Spoon the cookies with a large spoon onto prepared cookie sheet. I got 9 cookies out of this, but I like big cookies.
5. For bigger cookies, bake for 8 minutes, switch the pan around in the oven and cook for 5 more minutes. Bake a total of 8-12 minutes for smaller cookies. They are done when you touch the middle and it is firm; not sinking. They will firm up a little when they cool. Enjoy!
Source of recipe: It's a spin on a basic cookie recipe, not any one in particular.