Carrot Spice Muffins
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cloves
1-1/2 cups shredded carrots or 3/4 cup of carrot pulp from juicer
1/2 cup non-dairy milk
1/3 cup agave nectar
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce or 1 standard snack container
1 teaspoon vanilla
Safflower or other oil for greasing pan
Brown sugar (to sprinkle on tops) to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Combine dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and cloves) in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add in liquid ingredients (non-dairy milk, agave nectar, applesauce, and carrots) and mix well.
3. Grease the cups of a standard 12 cup muffin pan with safflower oil and spoon mixture in to cups. Sprinkle tops of muffins with brown sugar.
4. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes.
Source of recipe: This recipe is slightly modified from: http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2007/03/carrot-spice-muffins.html posted by SusanV. I modified it a little for more common ingredients. These are yummi, afternoon snacks. My friends and I love them.