1 head celery, chopped
1 big onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup soy creamer
1 teaspoon celery seed
6 cups vegetable stock (chicken flavored)
2 tablespoons olive oil
fresh crushed pepper to taste
- Sauté the onion and garlic with the olive oil on a pot (the one you plan to use for the soup) until translucent.
- Add the celery and the celery seeds and the pepper and cook until tender.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer only the vegetables to a blender and blend. Make sure to have the blender top properly closed and use the slowest speed at first, then slowly increase the speed until the desired consistency is acquired.
- Add the oatmeal to the pot (with the boiling stock).
- Return the blended vegetables to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Let the soup simmer until the oatmeal is cooked.
- Adjust the pepper and feel free to adjust the consistency to taste. If too thick, add more stock or water. If too watery, add more creamer.