Char Kuay Teow (Stir-Fried Rice Noodles)
1 teaspoon of cooking oil
300g of kuay teow (rice noodles)
50g of beansprouts
3 stalks of green leafy vegetables, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 shallot, finely sliced
1 tablespoon of dark soy sauce
1 tablespoon of light soy sauce
Vegetarian Pork Lard (Made of soy)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a heated wok at medium heat coated with oil, stir-fry shallots and garlic until fragrant.
2. Add the vegetarian pork lard and stir-fry until aromatic.
3. Stir in the rice noodles and condiments. Combine the ingredients well. Stir-fry over high heat continuously to avoid the noodles from sticking to the wok.
4. Add chopped leafy vegetables and stir-fry for a few minutes.
5. Add beansprouts last. Stir-fry for 10 seconds.
6. Serve the char kuay teow with some lime wedges for sour zest.