Cheap and Tasty Tomato and Garlic Pasta
1 large can of chopped tomatoes (with garlic)
1/4 lb mushrooms
1 small can baked beans
1 medium sized onion
1 medium sized courgette
1 red or green pepper (vegetables can be varied according to taste)
a little oil
as much pasta as desired (usually around just under half a packet for a generous helping)
2 cloves of garlic
1. Boil pasta in salted water for time stated on packet - around 10-15 minutes.
2. Chop vegetables and crush garlic while heating oil in a large frying pan.
3. Stir-fry vegetables in pan until tender, adding garlic for the last minute or so.
4. Drain beans and add to pan with chopped tomatoes.
5. Simmer for about five minutes or until thoroughly heated through.
6. Drain and serve pasta and pour sauce over the top.
Serve with warm crusty vegan bread and margarine.