Skip to main content
The World's Largest Collection of Vegetarian Recipes
Enter your keywords
You are here
» CHEESY JALAPEÑO CORNBREAD (GLUTEN-FREE & VEGAN)
Silk and Spice
added this 1 year ago
CHEESY JALAPEÑO CORNBREAD (GLUTEN-FREE & VEGAN)
Upload your own photos
What you need:
2/3 cup rice milk or almond milk
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
3/4 cup organic cornmeal
1/4 cup organic corn flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup jalapeños, seeded and diced
2/3 cup diced vegan cheddar cheese
What you do:
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Lightly grease an 8 x 4 x 3″ loaf pan with coconut oil.
2. Pour the rice milk and apple cider vinegar into a small bowl. Do not stir, just set aside to develop a ‘buttermilk’.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, corn flour, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, and salt.
4. Add the oil, maple syrup, applesauce, and vanilla to the dry ingredients. Stir until well combined.
5. Pour the ‘buttermilk’ into the batter and mix gently until all ingredients are combined and a slightly grainy batter is formed.
6. Using a silicone spatula, fold in the jalapeños and cheese until evenly distributed.
7. Pour the batter into the greased pan and bake on the center rack for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Let stand in the pan for 20 minutes. Gently remove from pan and cut into approximately 10 slices.
Can store for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
SO HOW'D IT GO?
Be the first to add a comment.
to post comments
VegWeb is the world's largest vegetarian recipe community. Get ready for an incredible food experience!
Not registered yet?
Login to your account
+ Login to Add a Recipe
More recipes like this
Very Moist Hemp Cornbread
Pecan Berry Cornbread
Gluten Free Sweet Cornbread
Corny Cornbread (or Muffins)
Wheat and Sugar-Free cornbread
Kickin' Cornbread Casserole
Get in Touch
Get our Newsletter