Chocolate Turtle Truffle Torte
1 cup flour
1 cup oats
1/2 cup fructose or sugar
1 pound vegan margarine, divided Filling:
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup nondairy milk, divided
1 cup pecans, toasted
1 pound block semi-sweet vegan chocolate, chopped, or chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For crust, in a medium bowl, mix flour, oats and fructose. Cut 1/2 pound vegan margarine into small cubes and mix into dry ingredients with a fork until crumbly.
2. Press crust mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom of a springform pan. Bake crust for 15 minutes, then cool. For caramel, in a small saucepan, melt 1/4 pound vegan margarine. Stir in brown vegan sugar, stirring constantly until vegan sugar is smooth and melted.
3. Slowly stir in 1/4 cup nondairy milk. Stir until smooth and shiny. Pour caramel over cooled crust. Sprinkle pecans in an even layer over caramel. Refrigerate for approximately 20-25 minutes or until caramel thickens. For truffle layer, bring a medium pot of water to boil, turn down to a simmer.
4. In a stainless steel or glass mixing bowl, place remaining 1/4 pound vegan margarine and chocolate. Place bowl over simmering water and stir chocolate until melted. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup milk until smooth.
5. Pour chocolate mixture over caramel crust. Pour in a spiral motion working inwards so as not to disturb the pecans too much. Tap bottom of pan on counter to settle chocolate. Place in fridge to set (approximately 2 hours).
This is a very rich dessert so it can be cut into small pieces!