1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoons yeast
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup nondairy milk
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons melted vegan margarine (I use Earth Balance)
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoon cinnamon [u]Icing[/u]:
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon nondairy milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Cinnamon Rolls: In a bowl, combine all-purpose flour, yeast, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add nondairy milk and vegetable oil; mix until dough becomes sticky mass.
2. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. In a small saucepan, melt margarine.
3. Split dough in half and flatten into a 4-inch x 8-inch rectangle, using flour as needed to reduce stickiness. For each half, spread half of the melted margarine onto dough and sprinkle with half of the cinnamon sugar mixture. Roll each half of dough into a long tubular shape and cut into mini rolls (cutting approximately every 1-1/2-inch) place mini rolls into a non stick pan, and repeat above steps with second half of dough.
4. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 9 to 12 minutes.
5. Icing: Blend sugar until it is powdery. Add nondairy milk and vanilla extract. Pour icing onto rolls immediately after taking them out of the oven.
Source: This recipe is a modified version of my mom's recipe.